Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sober

Hi. My name is Kim and I'm a love-aholic. I have been clean now for two months and six days.

Hi Kim.




I haven't cried myself to sleep in weeks. I have made new friends. I've been on dates. I've had

endless fun. I'm terrified of being alone. I have given my number to a dozen boys in the past two

weeks alone. I do what I want. I feel sexy. People like me. I hang out with guys. I talk to

strangers.

I'm terrified of being alone.



Today I was hanging out with the guy I've been spending pretty much all my time with since we

met a week and a half ago. A genuinely nice guy who's fun to be around and made me happy. His

sense of humor is about a thousand miles from family friendly, and he's the playboy poster child

for the NCMO movement (Non-Committal Make-Out). When he's not calling me kimmers, he's

calling me 'Rated G.' I promised myself when we first met that I wasn't going to fall for him.

Today as we were driving somewhere, he put his arm around me, causing my eyebrows to raise.

I'm not generally comfortable with pretty much any kind of physical contact with the opposite

sex. I glanced over and noticed that his other arm was around the two girls on the other side of

him, causing my eyebrows to lower considerably. I realized that what I minded was not

the arm around me, but the arm around the other girls. I removed his arm from my shoulders.

I don't think I'm going to hang out with him anymore.

No comments: